The White Pass Scenic Byway app is your go-to guide for exploring one of America’s Best Scenic Byways. Millions of visitors travel through Washington State's Volcano Country along the White Pass Scenic Byway, US Highway 12. Now, you can use the White Pass Scenic Byway App to enhance your journey!
Use our helpful tools for loop drive itineraries and lists of recreation possibilities. Discover where to launch your boat on Mayfield, Riffe, Rimrock or Clear Lake. Find hikes to Packwood Lake and Takhlakh campgrounds and try your luck at uncovering hidden geocaches along the White Pass Scenic Byway. Click on choices of beautiful northwest lodging, the historic Packwood Hotel or Cowlitz River cabins in Randle. You can stay in a hand painted Native American TiPi, too. Select world-class recreation like water skiing on Mayfield Lake, trophy fishing the Cowlitz River, mountain climbing at Mt. Rainier or Mt. Adams. Want to hike in the Tatoosh and Goat Rocks Wilderness areas or discover 1000 year old magical old growth forests at the Grove of the Patriarchs? You will find it along the White Pass Scenic Byway. You can start your journey on the Pacific Crest Trail, mountain bike in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest, white water raft the Tieton River or downhill ski and snowshoe at the White Pass Ski Resort. Download your trip planning ideas for every season, Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall. Any time is the perfect time to discover the White Pass Scenic Byway.
- Read personal trip reports to select a trifecta of mountain peaks. Travel to Mount Rainier National Park, Mount Saint Helens National Monument and Mount Adams backcountry.
- Choose from mountain cabins and family vacation rentals that are tucked into a natural setting next to nature near the White Pass Scenic Byway. If a campground is more your style, try La Wis Wis or Ohanapecosh, perfect for tenting or the family RV.
- Investigate rivers lakes and streams for water fun or discover the elk feeding station or Woods Creek Watchable Wildlife areas.
- Bookmark exciting options right in the palm of your hand. Decide to go on the Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad, attend the Morton Loggers Jubilee, or see a musical at the Roxy Theater. For history buffs learn about the past at the White Pass Country Museum or exhibits at the old Morton railroad depot.
- Follow the locals to the nearest watering hole where beer flows as fast as their stories. You will learn more about our hidden gems just waiting to be discovered on your journey along the White Pass Scenic Byway.
- Access turn by turn directions to rural communities of Salkum, Mossyrock, Morton, Randle, Packwood and Naches. Just tap to add the local hotel, museum, and diner to your must see list.
- Find your activity by season. Discover the Cascade Mountain’s world class snowshoeing, skiing and Nordic skiing during the winter months. In summer, delight in the miles of hiking and biking options.
- Get to know the area’s thriving agricultural scene. On the west end of the Byway, see Christmas tree farms, blueberry and tulip fields and as you wind your way to the arid, eastern end of the Byway. Enjoy wine country and fruit stands with apples, cherries, apricots for sale.
- Our push notifications will give you up to date weather and highway conditions on the byway and special events. Sign up for our bi-monthly enewsletter and learn about specials and deals throughout the year. You can even send a postcard to your family and friends about the amazing views along the route or post it on Facebook, too.
Drive to Mt. Rainier’s Paradise Lodge, it turns 100 years old in 2016. Let us help you plan a visit to our neck of the woods. Navigate our byway and see rural America. It is authentic, natural and real. We’ve got the local scoop on all the opportunities needed to create your unforgettable journey along the White Pass Scenic Byway. Let us be your personalized guide: download it today and visit us soon!