The Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance (GBRIA) worked with zCivic to create their public outreach app, Inside Louisiana Industry. The app was created as a way to help area residents learn more about local industry including oil, gas and manufacturing, offering information about the different plants and compaies, what is being made, who works in the plants and the impact that they have in the community.
The app offers -
- Regional tours organized by location: Ascension, East Baton Rouge, Iberville, Pointe Coupee, St. James, St. John, St. Landry and West Baton Rouge
- Interactive, zoomable GPS maps that display all of the plants and points of interest on the selected tour
- Full color, professional tour videos and audio/image slideshow files that share the history and behind-the-scenes information about each different plant
- Location-based triggering: as you travel the app updates to indicate when a point of interest on the tour is nearby
- Additional embedded information such as phone numbers, websites, photos, routing to address and descriptions allow users to connect with the businesses and organizations
- Detailed information about industry careers, training and certification programs